Green 4 class
Welcome to Green 4. We are a complex needs class with children from years 4, 5 and 6. We currently have 9 children in class. Michelle is the Teacher. Sam, Sharon, Emily and Lorraine are the Teaching Assistants. (Emily is in class Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Lorraine is in class Thursday and Friday.)
Last half term we worked on the topic of ‘Once Upon a Time.’ We looked at the story of ‘Jack and the Beanstalk’ and planted bean seeds, which we will continue to observe growing. We also read ‘The Gingerbread Man’ story and did lots of activities based on it. We decorated gingerbread men biscuits and explored the ingredients used to make gingerbread – which was very messy but lots of fun!!
We have enjoyed our regular Monday visits to Cannock Library, where we shared books and read stories together. We have also had two visits to S.N.A.P as part of our P.E curriculum.
This half term our topic is ‘The Great Outdoors’. We shall see if we have any budding gardeners amongst us!! We are looking forward to getting out and about visiting Hednesford Park on Monday afternoons.
- We have library sessions on a Friday where we will read with the children – please send in their reading folders on this day.
- Homework Packs are changed each Friday. Please send them in on this day. Comments in the book provided are very helpful to us, as we can see how the children are progressing in this area and how beneficial the homework is to them.
- P.E is on Thursday afternoons.
- Please remember to send a snack in each day as these are not provided in KS2.
- Please send home/school diaries in each day.
Thank you to all the Parents who have helped us this half term, we very much appreciate it.