Green 1 class
Overview of class
Welcome to Green 1 class. We are an Early Years class and currently have 11 children. Our Teacher is Jodi. Our Teaching assistants are Laura, Lauren, Lorraine (Monday-Wednesday and Jo Littlewood-Brown (Thursday and Friday). Jo Taylor comes to help us on a Tuesday.
Jodi Jo T Laura Lauren
Lorraine Jo L-B
What we did last half term
Last half term our topic was 'fairy tales.' We have had lots of fun learning about Jack And The Beanstalk, The Little Red Hen and The Gingerbread Man. We looked at the stories and did lots of exciting activities based around them.
We went to Children’s Choice therapy centre in Burton for 4 weeks on a Monday. We had a fantastic time exploring all of the equipment and toys there.
We went to the Theatre in Birmingham to watch a performance of 100 Dalmatians. It was a fantastic show and we all enjoyed it
As our annual show at the Prince of Wales was cancelled in December due to snow, we put on our performance on January 16th. The theme was 10 years of Sherbrook and Green 1 chose 2011 and the royal wedding of Prince William and Katherine Middleton. We all looked beautiful in our costumes and put on an amazing show.
What we are doing this half term / Reminders.
This term our topic is 'The Great Outdoors.' We will be going to explore the great outdoors at Marquis Drive every Monday morning.
- Library books will be changed every Monday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please Send home/ school diaries back in every day
- Please send in a named outfit for your child for outdoor/water play.
- Please send in a named pair of wellies for outdoor play.
- Please name all of your child’s belongings.
- We are going on a school trip to Water World in Stoke-On-Trent on Tuesday 6th March.
Next half terms parental engagement-details to follow (We hope you can join us for some fun!)