Overview of class.
Welcome to Adventurer 2. We are a mixed year 1 and 2 class. Stevie is our Teacher. Debbie is the TA. Tash, Cheryl and Emma are the ISA's.
Adventurer 2 Staff
In English we have been reading the stories ‘There’s a Dragon in Your Book’ by Tom Fletcher, ‘Tell Me a Dragon’ by Jackie Morris and ‘Zog’ by Julia Donaldson. We have been practicing using symbols, words or sentences to describe characters in the stories and even designed our own dragons which we have then described. We have also joined in with retelling stories using puppets and roleplay, engaged in small world activities, completed pencil control and lots fine motor activities with playdough.
In Maths, we have been focusing on ‘finding and comparing amounts’ and identifying groups of ‘more’, ‘less’ and the ‘same’.
Our Topic ‘Castles’ has been very engaging this half term and we have had so much fun! This has included making food crafts e.g. dragons from a variety of fruit and vegetables, castles from a bread template and dragons from biscuits and other yummy ingredients including bananas, breadsticks and white chocolate. We have been looking at Castle Artwork by ‘Paul Klee’ and recreating our own masterpiece as well as making our very own stained-glass window. We have taken part in hunts to help reinforce our learning about different castles/parts of the castle as well as exploring a variety of castle toys in the classroom.
We have also enjoyed our Forest School sessions where we have made music with pots and pans, a bird from a paper plate, bird parcels to hang up for the birds to build nests, a hedgehog molded from air drying clay, enjoyed pancakes cooked on the fire and also loved exploring our outdoor classroom areas.
Next half term our Topic is ‘Toy Story’.
- As it is now very cold please make sure your child has a warm coat, hat, scarf and gloves, all labelled with their names.
- Forest schools are on a Monday, so please come into school in ‘mucky clothes’ with a named change of clothes.
- PE is on Thursdays so please come into school in your PE kit.
- Library books will be changed every Friday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please send home/school diaries, reading books and reading records back in every day. We try to ensure reading books are changed once a week.
- Please label ALL of your child’s belongings.
Adventurer 2 class photos
Thank you for your continued support.