Red 2 Class
Overview of class.
Welcome to Red 2. We are a mixed year 1 and 2 class. Stevie is our Teacher. Debbie is the TA. Zoe and Emma are the ISA's.
What we have been learning in Spring 2:
This half term in English we have read the stories ‘The Ugly Duckling’, ‘Wakey Wakey, ‘The Odd Egg’ and ‘The Egg Drop’. We have labelled pictures and made captions, explored and described objects, completed pencil control activities and used playdough, pegging and threading for our fine motor skills.
Our Topic subject of Toy Story has been really exciting including a cinema afternoon watching ‘Toy Story 2’, as well as making and designing our own toys including a spinning top and a car.
In Maths we have enjoyed learning about positional language, counting objects in different arrangements and matching numerals to different amounts. We have learned in many different ways including practical activities both indoors and outside to help us learn in a fun and exciting way.
We have also enjoyed our Forest School sessions, where we have had some spring themed activities including making a Mother’s Day gift from flowers, looking at worms though a magnifying glass, an obstacle course, enjoying making and eating pancakes, as well as exploring our outdoor classroom area.
What we are learning in Summer 1:
Next half term our Topic is minibeasts.
- Forest schools are on a Tuesday, so please come into school in ‘mucky clothes’ with a named change of clothes. As it is getting colder, also please bring in hats, scarfs and gloves.
- PE is on Thursdays so please come into school in your PE kit.
- Library books will be changed every Friday, please ensure they are in your child’s bag.
- Please send home/school diaries, reading books and reading records back in every day. We try to ensure reading books are changed every Thursday or Friday if needed.
- Can you please name ALL of your child’s belongings (including shoes, hats, scarves, etc).
Thank you for your continued support.